LTC Pronouncement of Death Recommendations & MRP Death Notification Form:
- Developed in collaboration with the South Island LTC Medical Advisory Committee and the Island Health LTC Quality Council.
- Pronouncement of Death Recommendations: It is recommended that all care homes in the South Island adopt the document definitions and guidelines to ensure an appropriate and consistent approach to the pronouncement of death in LTC.
- MRP Death Notification Form: Optional use for care homes
** Leadership ** We recommend that you pre-fill three (3) sections of the form prior to distribution/printing (facility name, facility fax number, and where to place the completed form in the resident's chart).
- Disclaimer: Confirmed up-to-date by BC Coroners Service April 2021. Refer to BC Coroners Service for most current information.
Click HERE for The Handbook for Physicians, NPs and Coroners: Medical Certification of Death and Stillbirth
Proactively request bundles of Physician Medical Certification of Death forms
- Several members have noted that this contributes to an increasingly efficient process!
- Request forms from Vital Statistics @ [email protected] or (fax) 250.952.9094
Did You Know?
- The BC Vital Statistics Act requires the Most Responsible Provider (or physician/nurse practitioner delegate) to complete and send the Medical Certificate of Death to the Funeral Director within 48 hours.
- A death certificate cannot be applied for, nor a permit of burial/cremation issued, until the Medical Certificate of Death form is received.
Do you have any more tips or reminders to share? Email or call us and we will add them to the list!